Programming cable to change the controller settings - compatible with Bafang BBS01, BBS02 und BBSHD motors!
- Practical cable length of about 2 m - to find your right place for Laptop and Bike
- Green 5-pin HIGO connector on one side (main wiring harness), USB to UART PL2303TA on the other side (Laptop)
- Every single programming cable was checked before sale (by the way: we use Windows 10)
- You can find the necessary software in our download area
- This cable can be used to adjust the controller settings via smartphone app (see video below)
The original HIGO-plug (female) will be connected to the wiring harness (instead of the display). Thus there is a connection to the controller. The battery remains plugged in during the programming process. The driver should install itself automatically (if not, we have linked some in the download area) and the software should be run as Admin (with right click). Use "Connect" to connect computer and controller. After successful connection we recommend the following steps: first click on "Read", then change the desired parameters and finally confirm/save with "Write" Button. Now the values are saved on your controller.
Here you can find details about the programmable values and further information.
In addition, this cable can be used to adjust the controller settings via smartphone app SPEEED. You don´t need your laptop - only this cable and an USB adapter cable to connect the USB plug with your smartphone port. In the video below you can see how it works.
If you want to build the programming cable on your own or you want to use your Bafang BBS motor without display, please choose our HIGO cable and connect the orange and brown wire together and the motor turns on. Use your throttle or 1-setting-PAS to drive around. Here you can find some more informations.
If there is no connection to the controller, it is usually due to the wrong driver. It's best to open Windows device manager and see if there is a call-sign on USB. Especially Windows 10 installs the driver itself, but sometimes not the right one.
You can change the following parameter:
The original Bafang factory settings can be found here.